Friday, December 6, 2013

Man made Gold

The Golden Jaggery of Kolhapur gets GI rights!

I have been fortunate during my childhood for having been served this golden jaggery directly from Kolhapur through my maternal grand father. And my mom still get her share of stock every year.

Can you imagine maharashtrian brahmin cuisine without the use of jaggery/gul? I cannot!
It is one of the ingredient without which my kitchen is incomplete. Gul poli, til gul, puran poli, modak, ghavachi kheer, amti, vangyachi rassa bhaji... name it and life is more live-able!


4 comments:

VISHWANATH KULKARNI said... [Reply]

Major volume of original kolhapuri GUL is consumed by Gujrati people in Mumbai & Gujrat. More than 70% of kolhapuri Gul is Exported to Gujrat from Kolhapur. Rest of Maharashtra buy gul from Karad, Pune, also Sangli karnataka gul which is subordinate To Kolhapur. That's why We are getting GI mark for KOLHAPURI GUL.

VISHWANATH KULKARNI said... [Reply]

If you desire you will also get your share of Kolhapuri Gul from your MAMA also!

Aarti Badamikar said... [Reply]

Of-course! Why not?! I would love to have the original gul from you mama :)

VISHWANATH KULKARNI said... [Reply]

Tell me , how to send.