Monday, April 7, 2014

Mondays at the Market


I like going to the market on Mondays. Its a start full of inspiration for the long week!

The Crawford Market, one of my favorite places since I have come to Mumbai. For four years I was studying my grad school right next to Crawford market and then when I was in Ahmadabad for my masters, I always looked for reasons to come to Mumbai and visit the vast market. Today when I live in the suburbs, in-spite of it being far away, I do not find any other market as interesting, as convenient and as friendly as the Crawford market.

From fruits and vegetables to dry fruits and chocolates, paper and colors to beads and jewelry, threads and fabrics to clothes line and laundry bags, bulbs and lanterns to pens and books, poly bags and china made toys to leather belts and luggage bags, party decorations and art frames to  hardware equipment and machinery, cutlery and dining sets to kitchen and table linen, curtains and beds to anything and everything.

And it is more fun when shopkeepers know you as you are a frequent visitor :) 

3 comments:

famishedfirdaus said... [Reply]

Is that a sketch you made? Looks fantastic! Would be nice to have you do a few sketches of some famous Bangalore places that I can link up to my blog also. I'll credit you I promise :).

Aarti Badamikar said... [Reply]

I have made drawings of 4 more architectural structures in Mumbai. Will share them soon.
Next is Banglore on the list! :)

Unknown said... [Reply]

beautiful work.....