Monday, October 25, 2010

Cauvery Emporium

CAUVERY is the government handloom and handicraft emporium of Karnataka, like the Trimourti of Maharashta, Gurjari of Gujarat, Lepakshi of Andhra Pradesh, Kairali of Kerala, Mrignaynee of Madhya Pradesh, Phulkari of Punjab and many more. My last Bangalore trip was a short, but this time couldn't miss a visit to Cauvery! Like the logo, the elephant is omnipresent in the emporium. Elephants of rosewood and sandalwood, decorative and carved, small and big, all is here! Authentic for sandalwood and sandalwood items/products, all of Cauvery is fresh with the sandalwood fragrance. Unlike the Trimourti emporium of Maharashtra which is located in a corner of Mumbai, Cauvery has a prime location on M. G. Road of Bangalore with all the hustle bustle. It is a lovely place celebrating the crafts of Karnataka and all of India!
PS: I got some sandalwood perfumed sachets and a rosewood elephant.. sandalwood one was too expensive :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said... [Reply]

I went to this one in Bangalore.. and went totally mad.. My brother had to drag me out.. and I can tell you.. I had a hole in my pocket. I wanted to buy so much.. so many gifts.. so much for my home.. Wish we had this store here!!